April 2, 2015

Contest Winning Novel - Mahogany Hills

Two persons married not because of love. How and why do you think it can happen?


It is all in Mahogany Hills written by Indonesian writer, Tia Widiana. Jagad Arya as the man character hates to be married with Paras Ayunda. He always thinks of the reason why Paras chooses him, not the other man. Meanwhile, Paras is very patient in dealing with Jagad with all his arrogance and annoying behavior. Both of them keep their own secrets. At one moment, probably you will question how it is possible for two persons who live in the same house and sleep in the same room, but never meet and talk like in few days. 

I don't usually like contest winning novel because of its wordings. It's too difficult for me to understand. However, this one is an exception. The storyline is very good and flowing, made me want to keep reading it to the end. And I did. I finished it in one night because I was too curious about the ending. hehe.. 

I think it is a good book to read, though I will recommend this only to people above 18 due to the content in some parts of the book ;) By the way, I find this book is on 15% discount on gramediaonline.com. Go buy it before the sale ends.

*This book is recommended by my friend. Thank you so much <3 If you are reading this, you know who you are. :*

Thank you for reading
-Jess-

2 comments: